Water Damage Denver can present some of the most severe issues facing a home or business. It doesn’t take long for water to travel throughout the property but there are a few steps you can take in order to help reduce the water damage Denver.
- If possible, turn off the power to the affected area. Do not walk through standing water due to the risk of electrocution.
- Address the source of the problem quickly and cut off the water supply if you can safely access it.
- Call Bigfoot Restoration as soon as possible! Quick remediation is necessary to prevent further structural damage.
- If safe, move content to a garage or hard surface area to eliminate the possibility of furniture stains on carpet or water damage on the content itself.
- Do not attempt to clean or mitigate the affected areas, simply call the leaders in Water Damage Denver, we will start the moment you call.
Once we’ve received a call, you no longer have to worry and know you’ve just called a company that can handle any issue that may have occurred both big or small. Our crew has the training, equipment and expertise to handle any water damage Denver that may happen in your home or business. Once on the property we will evaluate the situation, create a mitigation plan, inform the client what is necessary to begin the drying process and answer any questions that may arise. We will convey how the drying will occur, the timetable of the drying and what happens once everything is dry. We work with several contractors so everything that is needed to take you back to pre-loss condition we have the resources to do so.
Bigfoot Restoration will take the steps necessary to properly mitigate the water damage Denver. Water loss is put into three different categories based on the type of damage and cause of such damage. Most damage will fall under categories 1 and 2. The longer one waits to take the proper steps to mitigate the loss the categories can change. With respect to category one this is Clean Water loss or intrusion. This can occur from a water line break, toilet tank leak, faucets, refrigerator water line and drinking fountains. With this type of loss if handled in a timely manner we can generally save most if not all the structure. Bigfoot Restoration takes the less aggressive approach to structural removal. We have the knowledge and equipment that can save the structure of a home or business with minimal damage and still dry it out in a timely manner. By doing this we will save the cost of rebuild while ensuring things are safely and quickly dried to completion.
Now it is very important to call Bigfoot Restoration quickly or a category 1 can become category 2 and this will require a different approach to the drying of the property. No two water losses are the same and each must be treated with the unique needs of the environment. Category 2 refers to a source of water that contains significant degree of chemical, biological or physical contaminants and causes a severe amount of discomfort and sickness when exposed to or consumed. This is known as Grey water and carries a significant amount of microorganisms and nutrients of microorganisms. These losses can come from a variety of ways but most generally from toilet bowl with urine, sump pump failure, water discharged from washing machine and dishwasher. Carpet cushion or pad must be removed and replaced with new pad when exposed to such a category water loss. This ensures that the microorganisms are removed and the possibility of sickness has been greatly reduced and eliminated all together. Now a category 1 can change into a category 2 if left unattended for a period of time so that is why it is very important to have the loss mitigated as soon as possible and calling one of the most respected water damage denver companies in Colorado. As stated above each water loss is different but Bigfoot Restoration has a standard procedure that we follow and addressing most losses.
- Complete a work authorization, no work can begin until such paperwork has been signed.
- ID any safety hazardards, electrical wires in standing water, loose or buckling drywall.
- Locate the source of the water loss and stop any further intrusion. This step may require contacting a plumber or other contractor.
- Protecting furniture by blocking or moving out of the affected areas.
- Extract water from carpet/pad using specialized tools and sub-surface extraction tool. Water from hard surfaces can be squeegeed or mopped, this will ensure all surfaces can be dried properly.
- Applying an anti-microbial will be placed on the affected areas to help prevent or retard the growth of microbials.
- Remove and dispose of all carpet pad from all affected areas. Remove and dispose of all non-dryable structural material.
- Inspect all areas water may have traveled. Document all moisture levels in three areas – affected areas, non-affected area and outside area.
- Creating a drying chamber if necessary.
- Install air movers and axial fans (one per every 10-15 linear feet) all fans will be blowing in the same direction creating a vortex which will expedite the drying process.
- Monitor the job daily, taking drying data and keeping accurate records making sure the drying is going as planned.
- We will communicate with all parties involved in the process making sure everything is known and approval is given when needed of scope of work.
- Once drying has been completed usually 3-5 days, new carpet pad will be installed.
- Repairs will need to be done if structure materials have been removed, new drywall and paint is common.
- Generally the final steps will include cleaning of the carpet and a final clean of the items in the affected area that may have had some drywall dust.
The final category in regards to a water damage Denver is a category 3. This is one that is grossly contaminated and can contain pathogenic, toxigenic, or other harmful agents. This category is the most severe and everything that the water touches must be removed without exceptions. From drywall, carpet, and pad usually all the way down to a homes studs will be left.